Booking flight tickets and deciding on the must-have restaurants, museums, and sights to fill your itinerary are the easy parts of traveling somewhere new. It’s when your suitcase sits open for days without anything in it that might feel daunting before jetsetting. Narrowing down what essentials to pack — especially if you’re only bringing a carry-on suitcase — might be one of the most dreaded parts of traveling, but Zappos is here to help.
Although it’s known for its huge selection of shoes, Zappos also has a large assortment of travel gear, and now it’s even easier to shop for all the bags, clothes, and accessories you’ll need for your next trip. Say hello to Zappos Packs — it’s the brand’s new travel section on Zappos.com, which is an expertly curated one-stop shop for everything your packing list might be lacking. There, you’ll find a list of top products to browse down to the very destination you might be traveling.
If you’ve been planning a trip to Hawaii, New Zealand, Paris, or even any of the National Parks, Zappos has you covered. Plus, if you’re partaking in special activities once you get there — like skiing, hiking, or surfing — you can even find specific travel recommendations for those activities, too. Within the packing lists for 17 different destinations, you’ll find personal stories from experienced travelers, packing tips, and expert advice on the best shoes, backpacks, outerwear, and more. This means you’ll be fully prepared and worry-free when it comes time to embark on your next adventure.
Whether you’re hiking Cordillera Blanca in Peru (the world’s highest tropical mountain range, no big deal) or embarking on a safari at the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya, Zappos has selected all the best travel gear to make your trip a breeze. Below are some of the top items to start shopping from some of the most popular travel destinations. It’s time to start marking places off your bucket list!
For skiing in New Zealand:
New Zealand Zappos Packs Credit: Courtesy of Zappos
1. The North Face Apex DryVent Jacket, zappos.com, $199
2. Smith Optics Riot Goggle, zappos.com, $100
3. Burton GORE-TEX Gondy Gloves, zappos.com, $100
4. O'Neill Star Insulated Pants, zappos.com, $110
For jetsetting to Paris:
Paris Zappos Packs Credit: Courtesy of Zappos
1. MIA Lunna Sandals, zappos.com, $69
2. Tumi Latitude International Carry-On, zappos.com, $750
3. Quay Australia French Kiss Sunglasses, zappos.com, $60
For hiking National Parks of Montana and Wyoming:
Wyoming Zappos Packs Credit: Courtesy of Zappos
1. Icebreaker 150 Zone Merino Baselayer Long Sleeve 1/2 Zip, zappos.com, $105
2. Osprey Talon 22 Backpack, zappos.com, $110
3. Altra Footwear Superior 4, zappos.com, $110
4. Smith Optics Outlier 2, zappos.com, $169
For exploring Costa Rica:
Costa Rica Zappos Packs Credit: Courtesy of Zappos
1. Columbia Bryce Canyon Hoodie, zappos.com, $80
2. Carhartt Legacy Classic Work Pack, zappos.com, $50
3. Merrell Siren Edge Q2 Waterproof, zappos.com, $100
4. The North Face Horizon II Roll-Up Short, zappos.com, $50